Perfection; My Passion

Perfection; My Passion

Sunday, February 6, 2011

post 1 on Listservs/Yahoo Groups/Usenet

for class this week we had to read and discuss about Listservs/Yahoo Groups/Usenet. Before this class, I did not know what a usenet was. for anyone else that doesnt know, a usenet is a threaded discussion system that today connects millions of users from around the Internet into newsgroups such as rec.photo.equipment.35mm. The original system was built in the late 1970s and ran on one of the wide-area computer networks later subsumed into the Internet. after looking up what it was and finding more information, my mind automatically thought of the thread on a facebook message. My classmates, friends, and I always use threads on Facebook. whether it is to keep in touch, or set up an appointment to meet each other for a project, the idea of usenet is still being used today. I do wonder if usenet and listervs are very much similar. The emails from my class come into the mailbox on my iPhone in a thread fashion. They break up into topics so it is easier to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment