Perfection; My Passion

Perfection; My Passion

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mill vs Darwin



Both men have very different views about nature and the human race. Mill believes that the natural order can be changed. You have to overcome nature to survive. He also believes that man can try to create an equal society. Darwin believes the complete opposite. Darwin believes that culture is a big no no. There is a natural order and everything arises to just material conditions. If you are weak; you get squished. Yes, that is sad, but its the way of life. I am torn in between the two thoughts. I believe that any person can overcome their troubles and stand up for themselves to survive, but on the other hand I believe if you really have no way of survival or no way to strive for yourself, you are really "stuck in the mud." I have never had to discuss these two men before, but after thinking about it I guess anybody can have different thoughts.

* The first picture is of Darwin, the second is Mill.

No comments:

Post a Comment