Perfection; My Passion

Perfection; My Passion

Friday, January 29, 2010

Writers, Readers, and Conversations

The thought of not having literature in today’s society makes me very uneasy. It is impossible to go a minute, let alone a day or a lifetime without reading something. Literature is seen and read everywhere. While walking down the hall, reading assignments and books for class, or even a text message, I read at least a million words (ok, maybe that’s an exaggeration). I can’t imagine how I would feel if such a big part of my life were to suddenly just disappear. Literature offers so many outlets, and different forms of writing. The major form I’ve heard most about this semester is satire. Who invented it!? Why did people follow this style? Was it widely accepted when it was first created like it is now? It takes me a couple of tries to read and understand some forms of satire. Like the video clip we watched in class, I had to have some of my group members explain to me why it was considered satire. I don’t know, maybe I’m just not funny or quick enough to understand what satire really is!

No comments:

Post a Comment