Perfection; My Passion

Perfection; My Passion

Friday, January 29, 2010

Internet in a cup

This is the first time I have ever blogged! After reading Internet in a cup it made me think more about coffee instead of coffee shops. I don’t like coffee, I don’t know why! It’s just something about the smell and taste that I really dislike. Because of this the longest I’ve ever been in a coffee shop such as Starbucks was about 5 minutes. While in there, I did notice a lot of what the article talked about. There were many types of people sitting and chatting over a cup of coffee.Although they all had different jobs, and came from different places, their conversation seemed to connect over the cup of coffee they were sharing. In the century, coffee shops were the place to go to have discussions, similar to the ones I had seen. People were forced to communicate verbally and in person because there was no internet. Today, people use their “at home” coffee shops. People blog and surf the net to communicate and discuss topics with different people. Coffee shops like Starbucks have now offer free Wi-Fi to try and lure customers out of their homes and into their shops. Maybe one day the 17th century idea of the coffee shop will come back into play.

No comments:

Post a Comment